3.23.2005

I'm grinning like a fool. I can't help myself.

I just finished this light, fluffy, fun book called Can You Keep A Secret? By Sophie Kinsella. It's not gonna win a Pulitzer or anything, but it was damn good. Just my style -- romantic comedy meets clutzy scatterbrained gal trying to fit in. Great escape from reality book! It's the book that made me smile. Don't you love that? A really good book draws you in and takes you on a ride and when you get off you're different somehow. Today's different is grinning despite the dismal rainy day.

I read the "heavy" books in my book group. But I have to confess, I find them depressing. Real life if depressing enough -- we have so many major problems in this country not to mention the rest of the world. I need a break from it -- from thinking about clients who barely have enough money for food, or keep reliving their childhood molestation, or can't handle crowds because the voices start yelling in their heads that they ought to hurt themselves. Reality is heavy enough -- give me a beach read book with a bit of brain and I'm a happy gal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home