3.27.2005

Happy Easter!

Or ... if you don't celebrate Easter -- Happy March 28th to ya! :o)

Woody (my partner) & Bugsy (my sis-in-law) love to celebrate Easter by watching all these old Jesus movies. By about 3 pm I was quite through with the Jesus movies. Don't get me wrong -- I'm a Christian and I hold Easter up as a holy day. Thing is -- after the THIRD time of seeing the passion it gets to be a teensy bit boring. (Sorry Jesus -- I'm sure it wasn't any fun for you either) And of course, it's hard not to be blasphemous by making fun of the movies. Like in one of them (I forget which now -- they've all blended together) the woman playing Mary -- Jesus's mom -- looks like Jesus' kid sister. Come on.... you couldn't find an older actress?

Finally in the late afternoon we took a break from the Jesus movies and watched an incredibly cheesy 7o's kids clamation movie about Easter. They tried to explain EVERY Easter tradition with just one story. Something about a bunny that takes eggs to a town without children but has to hide them from a bear by coloring them. And somewhere in there they shove in jelly beans, and singing hens and a bunch of stuff about trains. I was not paying close attention, so I'm not really sure how it all hung together in one plot.

Here's what I couldn't get over -- the hens are popping out eggs left and right and HELPING to put them in boiling water to make Easter eggs. On top of that they are singing and wearing cute little aprons. That's just wrong. What mother in her right mind would cheerfully dunk her child in boiling water? Gave me the heeby-jeebies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home