7.24.2005


Has anyone started planning for Christmas?

Normally I'm a "last minute shopper" kind of gal. However, I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. Reason? I'm feeling way behind and it's only the 25th of July. Woody's twin sister, Bugsy, has been buying various assorted Christmas gifts from EBay and storing them in her room. For the past month, at least one package a day has arrived from points around the globe. Bugsy is known for giving too many gifts at Christmas time, but still -- she's great at planning ahead and really finding just the right gifts for Woody and I.

So far my only effort has been to plan how much to save each month from now until the end of November. And then I visited this Organized Christmas website for inspiration. I think that's quite enough for now. Maybe in August I'll knit a gift or something. I mean really -- you can't go from an 11th-hour shopper to Type-A Christmas Queen in one year. Right?

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM , Blogger Woodstock said...

I normally try for a balance: get some stuff early and then do the impulse buys later in the year during the semi-official Christmas shopping season. This year I'm hoping to be done by November 1st with everything. Plus, it doesn't help to have two people in my life who have birthdays right before Christmas. Have you ever tried to find birthday paper after Thanksgiving? It's *impossible*.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home